Terms & Conditions
1. All cottages are non smoking.
2. A non-refundable 20% deposit is required to confirm the booking. The balance, together with a refundable security deposit of £100 per cottage, is due eight weeks before arrival. Any booking made within eight weeks of the date of stay is confirmed on receipt of payment in full. The security deposit will be refunded following your stay providing the cottage is vacated on time and left in a clean and tidy condition, without any damage or breakages. In some circumstances we may require a larger security deposit at our discretion.
3. Any cancellation, for any reason, must be made in writing and we will try our utmost to re-let. If we are successful we will refund your payment less the 20% deposit. If we are unable to re-let a booking cancelled within eight weeks of the date of stay then you are liable for the whole cost of the holiday. We strongly advise that you take out holiday cancellation insurance as a safeguard.
4. If we have to cancel your reservation for any reason, we will refund you in full.
5. Prices displayed are per cottage per week for up to the maximum number of people shown per cottage. The cottages may be occupied only by the guests named on the booking form. Visitors may not use the leisure facilities at Three Gates (unless prior consent is given). We reserve the right of entry to the cottages at any time and to cancel the booking if additional guests stay in the cottages.
6. Central heating, electricity, bed linen and towels (small bath towel and hand towel for adults) are included in the price. Guests should bring swimming towels. The central heating will be on for certain periods each day, depending on the season. If extra hours are required, this will be charged as follows: £2 per hour – The Long Barn/The Smithy; £1 per hour – all other cottages.
7. Wireless Internet is provided for light access only, for accessing emails and surfing the Internet. If heavier usage is required e.g. for the download of large data files for games or films, guests must inform the owners on arrival and pay a charge of £10 per week per cottage. Internet usage is monitored by the owners.
8. Cots (but not cot bedding) and high chairs are available by prior arrangement.
9. Cottages will be available from 4.00pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure.
10. Cottages should be left clean and tidy on departure, as found on arrival, including kitchen, hob, oven, BBQ, etc. Failing this, we reserve the right to levy a cleaning charge.
11. Please report breakages, spillage or damage immediately. The owners reserve the right to charge for breakages/damage. Payment of the security deposit does not limit guests’ liability for repair of damage or additional cleaning.
12. Well behaved dogs accepted by prior arrangement at £20 per dog, per cottage. Dogs must never be left alone in the cottages. Dogs must not go into bedrooms or sit directly on cottage furniture. If your dog is likely to jump onto furniture, please bring covers for cottage furniture. Pet hairs should be removed from carpets before departure. Dogs must be kept on leads in the grounds of Three Gates Farm and poop should be scooped. For multiple cottage bookings, £20 covers the dog being in one cottage only. An additional charge can be paid if you would like to take the dog into other cottages. During the school summer holidays we only accept pets in our on-bedroom cottage, Nuthatch.
13. The swimming pool is open from 9am to 8pm and is unattended. For the safety of all users, use of the pool is subject to the rules that are posted in the pool house and in each cottage folder; a copy is available on request.
14. We offer swimming lessons in the pool for guests by prior arrangement. If a swimming lesson is taking place, the shallow end will not be available for free swimming.
15. Cars are parked on the premises at your own risk.
16. The owners reserve the right to close facilities at any time for maintenance or repair.
17. The owners shall not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury (whether consequential or otherwise) to any property which you or any other person may suffer or sustain arising from the use of Three Gates Farm and its facilities and grounds. The owners will not be liable for any inconvenience, annoyance, loss or damage (whether consequential or otherwise) in the event of any or all your booked accommodation being unavailable under this agreement for any reason save that we will repay all monies paid. It is essential that you bring these terms to the attention of all persons you are booking for. Jonathan Ball & Lynn Palethorpe t/a Three Gates Farm.